MARCH 31, 2018 – INTERMEDIATE HANDGUN (8 to 10 hours)
This course is the next step in handgun training after concealed carry/basic firearms safety training.
Students will learn to draw the handgun from a holster, presenting the handgun to the target, sight alignment, trigger control and grip. Students will learn to place accurate shots on targets ranging from 4 to 15 yards. Students will receive training in reloading their handgun and in clearing malfunctions. Shooting will be from a static position (not moving).
Students will fire approximately 500 rounds of ammunition during a number of different shooting drills in this course.
This course requires a minimum amount of physical activity.
Course will end with a performance evaluation.
The training will be led by the Range Master and chief firearms instructor of a major metropolitan Florida police department and assisted by Pro Arms instructional staff.
The training courses are all day courses (8 to 10 hours) and will include classroom and live fire instruction. Topics covered will include; safety, handgun review, handgun presentation/handling (drawing and ready gun), ammunition management (loading, reloading, unloading), trigger control, stoppages and speed and accuracy drills.
THERE WILL BE NO LUNCH BREAK – PLEASE BRING FOOD AND DRINK FOR A WORKING LUNCH
This training is limited to twelve (12) students who must possess the following training and equipment prior to the start of the class:
- Basic handgun safety/CCW training
- A serviceable handgun (double stack magazine handguns are preferred, however other types may be accommodated)
- 500 rounds of quality factory ammunition (No reloads)
- 3 double stack or 5 single stack magazines
- A non-collapsible outside the waistband holster (a kydex holster is preferred)
- Double magazine carrier
- Eye and ear protection
- Hat or cap with a brim
- Note taking material
- Personal comfort items
The following stipulations will apply to this training:
- Students must complete all aspects of the course to receive a certificate
- This course requires at a minimum a medium sized handgun. No pocket/back-up type pistols or pistols with extremely low magazine capacity (8 round minimum capacity)
- If handguns or ammunition become unserviceable, spare handguns and ammunition will be available at an additional cost (students may bring a spare handgun w/ appropriate ammunition, holster and magazine carrier)
- Any activity deemed unsafe will result in removal from the training and no refund or certificate will be given
Cost of training: $140.00 (NO REFUNDS AFTER MARCH 10)
Minimum class size – 8 students. Refunds issued if class doesn’t make.
This training is limited to the first twelve (12) paid applicants and will be held at Pro Arms’ private training facility. (This location requires a liability waiver be completed by all participants)